The role is responsible for performing Global Delivery Services for Hitachi Vantara customers, as defined in a Statement of Work, in a rewarding and flexible environment. The role performs the assigned tasks, whilst building a customer's confidence in Hitachi Vantara’s service delivery capability.
The role is responsible for a smooth transition from implementation to operations. The Business Analyst is an experienced professional, with a full understanding of practice specialization. They exercise independent judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
Primary Job responsibilities:
- Responsible for functional requirement development and validation with the customer and clearly translate requirements into Dev Teams, whilst challenging IT to ensure designs are addressing the business requirements
- Responsible for working with customers in a consultative environment to understand and capture overall aspiration and specific requirements and support customer on Value analysis for project evaluation
- Guides customer towards best practice based on blueprints to help manage expectations and maximize chances of full benefit realization
- Work with the Project Manager closely to validate whether the Project completion expectations have been met, making the Project Manager aware of any deviations from the Statement of Work and highlighting when a customer requests an activity or deliverable that may be beyond the Statement of Work
- Support the creation of detailed technical designs from high level solution designs, based on the strategic analysis of the customer’s requirements
- Provide subject matter expertise to troubleshoot issues, providing rational use cases and arguments to persuade upwardly and with peers
- Broad consultancy and service delivery experience, particularly in Agile projects
- Extensive experience within Hitachi technologies or a similar competitor or organisation
- Degree or equivalent education or experience
- Establishing personal impact: Projecting personal confidence, expertise and passion when interacting with customers, vendors and employees at all levels in the organisation
- Proactive Delivery: Demonstrate accountability by keeping performance on track. Must be a problem solver who is able to work independently; organized and strong attention to detail
- Rational persuasion: Providing rational use cases and arguments to persuade upwardly and with peers
- Team working: Building mutual support and understanding with colleagues
- Aligning self: Autonomously aligning personal contribution to the goals and priorities of the team
- High quality decision making: Making strong judgments based on the most relevant factors available that drive effectiveness and value to the bottom line
- Making Improvements: Simplifying, improving and supporting innovation in order to increase efficiency, effectiveness and customer success
- Owning your own Development: Develop skills and work proactively with your manager to attend prescribed training, as defined in the training schedule, demonstrating strong commitment to personal learning and development
- A willingness to work a flexible schedule and willingness to travel
- Must be an excellent communicator. Must have excellent skills with English and be able to explain complex concepts in a clear and concise manner (additional languages preferred)
- Willingness of Project Managers, Engagement Managers and Sales personnel to include the consultant in future projects
- Usage of published Delivery Service Office methods, tools, and systems
- Billable and Utilisation percentage as a function of time-reporting
- Stakeholder Management skills; Clearly and effectively communicates with customers and ensures that customers understand and have visibility of activities and deliverables as required, demonstrating company values in all customer interactions
- Escalation Management; knows when to escalate, to defer and enable decision making and action
- Reliability; acts an ambassador of Hitachi both on customer sites and within Global Delivery
Great careers start with innovation and here at Hitachi Vantara, our promise is to deliver insights that power smarter businesses and inspire social innovation solutions for a healthier, safer future. The key to our innovation is our people -- our culture values respect, diversity, and collaboration. Join our Hitachi family and together, let’s lead the way to extraordinary!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.